Chill-Max/Vin Service Refrigeration Units Limited Warranty
One Year Parts & Labor Warranty:
Chill-Max and Vin Service Refrigeration Units sold by CBS are guaranteed against defects in both material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of installation, but in no event to exceed (15) fifteen months from the date of shipment. Defective parts will be repaired or replaced at CBS’ option, on a no-charge basis, F.O.B. our facility, when adjudged defective upon inspection. We are not responsible for parts damaged by alteration, unauthorized service, accident, neglect or abuse. All costs incident to replacement, to include freight, labor and/or loss of sales or product, must be borne by the user.
In addition to the CBS one (1) year parts warranty an optional four (4) year compressor warranty is available for an additional charge. All Chill-Max and Vin Service Refrigeration Units sold by CBS are offered with a one (1) year labor warranty at no extra charge. The CBS one (1) year labor warranty provides that CBS will pay for the cost as outlined below of labor to replace any defective part for up to one (1) year from the date of installation, provided that, the installation is conducted by a CBS authorized representative and subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Parts returned to CBS shall be returned freight prepaid and shall be identified with the Chill-Max or Vin Service Refrigeration Units’ serial number and the CBS return merchandise authorization number (Return Merchandise Authorization).
- Improper operation due to voltage variances, inadequate wiring and physical damage is the responsibility of the purchaser. These are not manufacturing defects.
- Condenser coils shall be cleaned regularly. Failure to provide adequate flow of cooling air will void this warranty.
- Charges for warranty travel time are limited to a maximum round trip of (2) hours.
- Factory-specified (Chill-Max/Vin Service) maintenance and installation will be provided by the installer who shall also be responsible for the installation and set-up of these products in accordance with local plumbing, refrigeration and electrical codes.
The CBS one (1) year parts labour/service policy applies to Canada and the United States. IT DOES NOT APPLY TO REFRIGERATION UNITS ADDED BY OTHERS (remote systems) or any part which has been subject to misuse, neglect, alteration, accident, unauthorized service, abuse, or any damage caused by transportation, flood, fire or other acts of God.
ALL REPAIRS MUST BE FIRST AUTHORIZED BY CBS AS PER THE ABOVE PROCEDURES. UNAUTHORIZED REPAIRS WILL NOT BE REIMBURSED BY CBS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
Time and rate table for approved warranty service on Chill-Max/Vin Service refrigeration units
Time allotted to replace refrigeration components under warranty:
|Fan Motor||30 minutes|
Chargeable rates to replace refrigeration components under warranty
- Travel time to be billed to CBS at a maximum rate of $45.00 per hour up to a maximum of 2 hours.
- Onsite service time to be billed to CBS at a maximum rate of $60.00 per hour for the 4 components and time allocation referenced above only.
CBS will have no responsibility to honor claims received after the date the applicable warranty period expires
Optional Four (4) Year Compressor Warranty
n addition to the one (1) year parts and labor warranty, an optional four (4) year compressor warranty is available for purchase. The additional compressor warranty is only offered for sale at the time the refrigeration unit is purchased and/or shipped. CBS will warrant to the original user the sealed-in mechanism consisting of the motor compressor and component parts within the sealed housing of the condensing unit for an additional period of four (4) years following the regular one (1) year warranty period. This plan applies to the compressor only, installed within Canada and the United States.